The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i write this with my heart. my oscar tank 50gallon has a 100watt heater it works fine my 5 gallon guppie planted tank has a 25 watt and isnot doing good what soevar it wont heat i need to put the 100w in the 5 gall to keep my gups alive today is publc holiday no shops open what can i do :( i dont want any my fish to die oscar or guppie i am heart pained i feel for my fish i do no not do to for my beloved pets

·
Banned
90 Posts
1 tank has to live this hurts so bad knowing that possible when i wake up tomorwow i will have no oscar or guppie :( ah the joy of having 2 tanks 1 non agressive and other agressive like pitbul :confused:

How cold is your house? I'd think so long as keeping it at least 70 your guppies should be ok for a day and get a heater tomorrow.
my house is normal 15 degres c :icon_neut no house heat only day warm up house

edit frienednd my hous will cool down more at night right now is miday

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
The small tank will lose heat faster. Wrap it in a thick towel overnight.
The light, filter or other pumps will add some heat, too.
Guppies are pretty durable.

The larger tank will hold its heat a lot longer, so if you really had to you could put the big heater in the small tank, but I would monitor it carefully. That big a heater will warm the 5 gallon tank very quickly.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank guys i wil wrap my big tank tonigh add some morepowerhead and leave lighte on hopeful they pull through im just disapointe in myself that i was stupid not to buy spar heat for them well you lern from the mistake friendeds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.