The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Betta Sammie has been in a hospital tank for a couple of months with no free snacks since the hospital tank is pretty sterile. I have three Neritas in his permanent tank so I have been lax about cleaning the glass. Sammie seems better, so I put him back in his tank fully expecting he would eat some micro fauna. There were a bunch of rather large hydras on the glass (I could see see them and their stingers without magnifying them). Sammie grabbed one and munched it down. I could hear him crunching his snack. Who knew? Bettas can prey on hydras!

No worse for it:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to feed Sammie this morning and he wasn't hungry. I noticed he was grazing on stuff on the wall and the other hydras that were there last night are missing. I should have a pretty cleaned out tank by the end of the week, lol!

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
That's pretty cool ^^ My betta is housed with otos and will eat anything he seems them eating, so he's munched on zuchini and lettuce with them. Its amusing to watch a supposed predatory fish that feeds at the surface biting veggies that are laying on the substrate

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sammie has eaten an algae tab. Waldo bites chunks out of plants and would eat his snail if he could figure out how to get through the shell. Bettas are such Piggies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.