The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i recently planted HC and for me to get it to stay i needed to cover some of the plant in graval... is that bad? will it just rot out and die? i just hope everything grows ill post a pic but idk if its close enough to show. if not ill try to take one after class.

thanks guys!
-Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
The buried part will most likely rot, but it wont kill the rest of the plant. If your HC can grow in the tank, I wouldn't worry about burying parts of it, just as long as you don't bury too much, since that would cause an excess of waste in the tank and may promote algae.

I'm no expert by any means so take what I say with a grain of salt, this is what I know as of now. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok coool, i have 13w CFL desklamp pretty much right over it... will that be enough for about 2-3weeks... thats when my defuser will come in and ill start a DIY co2 system.

tanks only 2.5g

·
Banned
934 Posts
if you don't have any fauna yet drain the tank and grow the hc out without water in the tank. Using the dry start method it grows in a lot quicker and you don't need to be running co2. Also what are you using as a substrate? Looks like regular aquarium gravel if that is the case. Now is the time to switch it out before you get going you will appreciate it down the road. Especially for a 2.5 gallon it is very cheap to get a good quality substrate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.