The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my little tiny bit of HC grown out into an emersed mat. Now I have a couple of questions. First off, how do I go about acclimating it for submerged life? I have done this with other plants, but I have put sooo much energy into getting this HC to grow that I would probably have a meltdown if it bit it while making the transition. Secondly, what is the best way to "anchor" it as a mat? I don't really want to break it up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Pretty hard to keep it one piece. You're better off tearing it into small clumps or individual stems (if you're patient enough) and plant them in a checkerboard pattern. Though I've seen someone's journal where they use bent paper clips to keep clumps down on the substrate.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
The best way is probably to replant each little stem and continue with DSM in your aquarium.

Once it grows in, it will be anchored down, so you won't have to worry about it floating off. When you fill the aquarium, there will be a little melt back, but provided with CO2, good lighting and fertilizers, the HC will bounce back quickly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.