The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is week three of my new set up... 75 gal, 260W 6700K, 6 hour full 260 1-2 hours of 130W before and after... EI dosing, Inj CO2 4-5 BPM

My HC was and still is pearling constantly and growth seems to be great, spreading low... The leaves seem to have a slight brown tinge to them? Maybe a type of algae? everything else seems to be ok... Is this a cause of too much light? Lights stay on for a total of about 10 to 11 hours...

How do i fix this beofre I lose the HC?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok so this is week three of my new set up... 75 gal, 260W 6700K, 6 hour full 260 1-2 hours of 130W before and after... EI dosing, Inj CO2 4-5 BPM

My HC was and still is pearling constantly and growth seems to be great, spreading low... The leaves seem to have a slight brown tinge to them? Maybe a type of algae? everything else seems to be ok... Is this a cause of too much light? Lights stay on for a total of about 10 to 11 hours...

How do i fix this beofre I lose the HC?

Thanks
I have the same problem. My tank is about the same age as yours. I had been growing the hc emerse for the past year. Then finally adding water to it. Everything was going great until this week when the color went a little dark. I haven't been dosing as consistently as should be. Will do a water change this week and try to dose regularly and see if things improve.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've noticed that some of my plants go red when they grow near the surface due to strong lighting. Could it be this?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've noticed that some of my plants go red when they grow near the surface due to strong lighting. Could it be this?
May be... I have had a burst of 260W over a 75 gal for 6 hours..... I have since lowered it alot.... I stagger the burst (on for two hours, off for two then on again for 2) the rest of the time its running 130W.. total photo time of approx 8 hours... will see if this helps.. ive been dosing the E.I. religiously...

·
Registered
52 Posts
It sounds to me like you probably have diatoms growing on your HC. This is very common for newly set up tanks, and will go away by itself after a while. In the mean time, Otos will eat it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My shrimp c lean my HC, but I heard when switching to emerse to submerse.
HC may melt a little bit.

Happened to me before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts