The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the HC i got is on like a little straw looking mat of sorts, Do you think I can just set that down and let it grow or should I pull it off the mat and do some clever planting. I don't mind the idea of it slowly crawling away from the mat, thats fine even if it might take slightly longer. Mostly just don't want the stuff to randomly die on me.

Joe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to just leave it on what we believe to be coconut fiber, figure it holds it down well enough and it can just spread from there. Might take a bit but it'll get there I figure.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I bought HC like that on a mat with grass like fibers that the roots were growing on. I took mine apart wish I had left it. It was a huge mess I has a lot die off. It took a few months for the HC to recover and grow in.

This is it after a day or 2 of planting ripping the mat apart and planted it in clumps. It looked so bad.

This is it now

No mater what you do don't give up on it. I almost did and I am glad I waited because it's growing like a weed now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just gonna leave it on the mat and let it crawl out from there. Prolly take a little bit, but slowly I hope it'll creep out and make a nice little carpet. Its growing thus far, just hasn't creeped out much off the mat yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.