The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. My darn MTS keep uprooting my HC. I planted them about a week ago, but I keep seeing a few bunches of HC floating around, despite me planting them over and over.

I've since relocated some of my big MTS (or what I can find), but any advice concerning this?

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's the main problem with HC - it's easily uprooted when it's settling in. Do you have shrimp or other bottom dwellers in there? They may be contributing to the mess as well.....if it's just the MTS then removing them until the HC gets established may be the only option....you scoop them off the glass at night with a net as they come out to forage around after the lights go out.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I'm also battling HC uprooting, but it seems to be because of cories, SAE's, and the biggest offender, a yoyo loach (who is also uncatcheable). It's been over a month and I cannot get it to root anywhere even though I planted pretty good size clumps. I also planted some Marsilea minuta and it seems to be rooting really well pretty quickly. I may just plant that all over the tank ...

I hope you can get it to root, but in my setup it roots very shallow. Do any of you who have it rooted get pretty deep roots?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I tried this as well but my kuhlis dug it up. and it slowly just dissapeared. When I set up my 125g Im putting the foreground in before I move my kuhlis. And letting them grow fo a while. Along with most of my plants I will just put fast growers into the 55g fo the fish to hide in till they are also moved to the 125g and the 55g can be taken down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.