The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a new planted tank with HC Cuba and UG,
after growing them DSM, which I then have to flood them after a month because white fungus starts to appear (my country is way to humid and also the DW is causing a lot of fungus).

so the first 5 days, nothing happens.... but then suddenly after 1 week the cuba showing lots of melting, which maybe fine because it is transitioning to submerge forms (although people says they should start melting on day 3, mine starts at day 7?????), and the UG still showed no sign of melting.

up to 10 days the HC cuba then stopped melting and I start seeing lots of new growth which is awesome.

and weirdly on day 12, its my UG turns, half the UG melted away on that day and the other half melted away on the 13th day. suddenly in 2 days I lost all my UG? from super green to no UG??? weird....

ok since the 1st day of flooding, this is all the details,

50% water change every 3 days
RO Water

1 week after flood water parameter :
Cl2 0
NO3 100
NO2 0
GH <14
KH 10
PH 8

fertz every 3 days, using local liquid fertz special for aquascape (aquariset, awal tanam)
soil is ultimate soil (local product too), with power soil (local product too).

CO2 first week is 2 bps, with dropchecker turn to yellow.

NOW 3rd week:

CO2 1.2 bps with dropchecker turn to lime green.

WATER PARAMETER (LIGHTS OFF, CO2 OFF, DROP CHECKER GREEN)
Cl2 0
NO3 10
NO2 0
GH 7
KH 6
PH 6.8

tank flooded on 30th may :

8th june, cuba losing lots of old leaves and UG still doing fine even growing i think :

12th june, suddenly all the UG is gone :

·
Registered
197 Posts
I’m not an expert by any means. I’m trying my first DSM with hc Cuba myself. From what I have read though you have to very slowly lower the co2 when flooding the aquarium. Start very high and slowly lower so the plants get use to it. Maybe it’s a lack of co2

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m not an expert by any means. I’m trying my first DSM with hc Cuba myself. From what I have read though you have to very slowly lower the co2 when flooding the aquarium. Start very high and slowly lower so the plants get use to it. Maybe it’s a lack of co2
Do you think its co2 problem? I've been reading :
https://www.advancedplantedtank.com/hc-cuba.html

And I think from the guide line this site provided me my co2 is ok because 70% of my Cuba is creeping instead of going high though....

Gesendet von meinem SM-N960F mit Tapatalk

Ok update info :
Lack of Co2 is definitely not a problem

Because in the morning I have 10 dead shrimp and yellow drop checker color (light off at 10pm and I check at 10 AM, so 12hrs and still yellow).

Gesendet von meinem SM-N960F mit Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts