The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thinking of adding more circulation in my tank. Has any one modified their output flow to have two exits?

What im trying to explain here is adding an elbow on the output flow with a 90 degrees pipe downwards having output from the top part of the output and also another output coming from the bottom part of the tank..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently (2 weeks ago) installed a Nu-Clear canister after my Cobalt canister filter,(used for mechanical filtration) connected in series using a Sicce 2.0 pump after the Nu-Clear canister,(Biological filtration) using it as a return pump. From the pump, I installed a CO2 difusser, a quick disconnect ball valve from Buce Plants and the return lines were split back to the aquarium for better distribution of CO2. In hindsight, I would have measured the return lines equally from my "Y return. Overall, flow was reduced quite a bit. I thought a larger GPH pump would suffice. 2 weeks in, all can say is WOW! Water is crystal clear and the plants are taking off. The Tetras favor the higher flow return side of the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts