The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I have a 1 month old 15 gallon aquarium that I am having some difficulty with plant placement. My DBTs are coming in well, however die to a BBA attack, I lost nearly all of my straight valisneria and have to start my background from scratch. I am ordering more straight vals because they tolerate hard water, however, I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight into what I can plant in the midground, and background in addition to some staight vals. What and where? I am open to just about anything and can provide any other additional info! Happy aquascaping!

P.S. One previous poster mentioned echinodorus angustifolia 'vesuvius' and I am digging that for a midground plant to break up the texture. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Generally with a rock scape (Iwagumi) you don't want to put anything to tall you want the rocks to be the main focus. The touch of AR Mini would look good along with something else green and short. Anubias as someone mentioned would work also.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Generally with a rock scape (Iwagumi) you don't want to put anything to tall you want the rocks to be the main focus. The touch of AR Mini would look good along with something else green and short. Anubias as someone mentioned would work also.
Ar minis it is. i also rescaped it a little with the guidance of one of the other members on this site and it looks better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.