The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I originally was going to do a fish in cycle, though I felt bad so I moved my comet back to his little fish jail, and fixed up the tank to my liking. Currently the tank has a brand new filter as of today, an Aquaclear 30, and just has an Anubias Nana Petite and a boat load of Willow Moss in it. I've been putting in a pinch of fish food in the morning to try and get Ammonia into the water (that's okay, right?).

It won't be getting any inhabitants for a few months until I finish putting in my plants (I'm taking it slow due to budget limits), but I still want to make sure I'm doing this right. I have an order that's been placed for Fissidens Fontanus, hydrocotyle tripartita, christmas moss, and another two anubias nana petite as well.

I have a few questions:
How often do I need to be changing the water on a tank going through a fishless cycle? Once a day? Once a week? Once every few days?

I was hoping to setup a DIY CO2 system to use for a few months to give the plants an extra boost before I get the shrimp into the tank (I won't be using CO2 with them), and I was wondering if I would be safe doing so while the tank is cycling?

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.