The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Seachem Laboratories CurpiSorb? The product description states that it will remove copper. I would like to keep shrimp but my first little guys did not fare well. Copper seems to be a huge concern. Advice?

Product Description:
SeaChem CupriSorb is a powerful adsorbent of copper and heavy metals. CupriSorb will remove copper more rapidly and efficiently than carbon and is thus ideal for emergency copper removal. It extracts all types of copper from water and, if in continuous use, from the gravel/substrate bed as well. CupriSorb will allow maintenance of invertebrates in copper-treated tanks by removing copper leaching from substrates. A 100 mL bag is adequate for up to 60 gallons and removes over 3,000 mg of copper or 12 ppm in 60 gallons. It may be regenerated repeatedly. Marine or freshwater use.

CupriSorb can be used by placing in a canister filter, media filter, high flow area of a trickle filter or sump. The 100 ML size comes in a filter bag.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Even though copper in excessive amounts is poisonous to shrimps, much like how we need iron for our body to function properly, the shrimps need copper to function properly. They just need very small amounts, so IMO if you don't observe copper poisoning in your tank you shouldn't need something that takes out copper

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am also wondering about this. I have copper pipes in my house and do date, no deaths but wonder about any leaching from the copper pipes. I use RO/DI water for changes and top offs so maybe the RO system removes any residual copper?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I am also wondering about this. I have copper pipes in my house and do date, no deaths but wonder about any leaching from the copper pipes. I use RO/DI water for changes and top offs so maybe the RO system removes any residual copper?
That's right. The RO/DI filter should remove any copper that is in your water.

Whiskey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts