·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ITS PRETTY DARN AWESOME!!!
HERES THE LINK
LINK

IT PRACTICALLY DOES EVERYTHING FROM WHAT IM TOLD AND HAVE SEEN 0 BYPASS

MY LFS IS ONE OF THE ONLY ONES IN MY AREA THAT IS CONSIDERED PREMIER ENOUGH BY THE COMPANY TO SELL THEM

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The Fluval G series has been anticipated for quite some time, but was met with great skepticism about it's over-all performance. I am completely un-biased on this, as I do not have any experience with them, but there are many forum discussions regarding this filter. One of the best ones I've come across is on the Practical Fishkeeping site, www.practicalfishkeeping.uk.co .

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
looks cool but i am a firm believer in less is more. in a filter i want simple and dependable. if something goes out on it do you have to send it in to be fixed? i think it might be best for those super tecky systems. checked the price.... ill be waiting for ehiem to one up them with a $800 canister.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like the way it looks, but for most of us our canisters sit inside our stand behind closed doors...

It doesn't have the flow or media capacity as an FX5 and is more expensive. While the EC system is cool, it really only checks temperature and Electrical Conductivity.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
looks cool but i am a firm believer in less is more. in a filter i want simple and dependable. if something goes out on it do you have to send it in to be fixed? i think it might be best for those super tecky systems. checked the price.... ill be waiting for ehiem to one up them with a $800 canister.....

C'mon, firmware updates and software patches aren't that hard to do. :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
its way to overpriced, it dont know what other features it has but if the little screen is the reason for it being so pricey, then i wouldnt buy it. the info on that screen should already be know by heart by any good fishkeeper.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My first thought was WOW but then I got to thinking why we, who have natural planted tanks, need that type of filtration. Heck, in my fluval canister filter I have some pot scubbers some bio-balls and a couple of Purigen bags. Usually with high tech equipment comes some high tech replacement costs for new filter media and parts. I like what someone mentions above, less is more. Just KISS it!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i will wait for the luxury edition
Yeah, me too, like a GTS model with gps on the lcd so you know where your water came from and V8 impeller that sucks your whole tank from 0-60:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Seriously, I saw this filter in action last Saturday (they showed me a demo in a local LFS). My impressions are mixed- I was very impressed of the overall design and quality of craftsmanship. The filter just looks neat. The two-color LCD screen is impressive and it shows many useful info like temperature and flow chart. Fluval made a piece of equipment on a scale I've never seen before, it looks like something you don't want to hide under your stand. The question is- is it worth the price? For me, no, it's simply too complicated and over-thought, nothing we would need in planted tanks. But, for people who don't care about the technical part of their tanks, this filter could be helpful. Quick filter media change (without even turning off the filter) and maintenance reminders that show on the lcd screen are, pardon my French:), idiot-proof so it will definitely find it's audience. Everything comes with a price though, $440 for G3 and $500 for G6, then $12-30 for various cartridges- that's expensive. But expensive is a relative word here, see how many of us will pay big money for ADA stuff when there are cheaper alternatives. So my verdict is, it's nice we see new technologies in our hobby, but for me fluval G-series is something I would probably pass over, at least until the price drop to acceptable levels.
Again, imagine this shiny little box standing next to your brand new ADA 60p and I know somebody will buy it, sooner or later:)
What interest me the most is how eheim and rena react....

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha i think it would be better for planted tanks for freshwater and really good for saltwater cause it can measure hardness and salinity

·
Registered
292 Posts
Again, imagine this shiny little box standing next to your brand new ADA 60p and I know somebody will buy it, sooner or later:)
LOL I thought the same thing when I saw it last week at one of LFS in the area. The manager gave me a demo; I thought it looked like a fancy Italian espresso machine; you definitely wouldn't want to hide it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.