1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
767 Posts
i dont see any info about the bulb,like the kelvin or if it its made for aquarium/plants.i say try it and if you get good results let us know so we can buy wayyyyyy less expensive bulbs:icon_wink

·
Registered
90 Posts
The bulb part number gives you the info.
39 watt, T5HO, 6500K, 80 CRI
It would be nice if they provided a spectral output graph so that you could see what and where the peaks are. Some T5HO 6500 bulbs do not have very much in the red end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have sent an email asking for the spectral graph or if there's any place where i can get it. I'll let u know and i hope the peaks are where they are good enough for this.

Thanks for clarifying the bulb information also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
according to their crossreference guide, the 85 doesn't have any equivalent beside for the ones USHIO makes.
http://www.howard-lighting.com/Documents/Lamp/Fluorescent/T5_T8_Brochure.pdf

But many others have a similar type of bulb equivalent to the GE or Sylvania, besides they are made in Germany (they must have good quality products).

As for the spectrum graph, i'm still waiting for it but i don't know if they will be able to provide me with one.
I guess i can spare $10 and buy me a couple of those and try them before that happens anyways...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts