The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Look like a less colorful form of cherries.

Just a Neocaridina offshoot probably. Highly variable genus. Either way it's not a bad price at all.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have some less colourful Cherries that appear pinkish in colour, they have large areas with no pigment at all, and where there is pigment it appears pinkish, white and red. Some even have a pink dorsal stripe. Too bad they were bought, I would have loved to see the picture but my guess it might be a cherry or something very closely related.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Here's a picture from the auction above.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I saw this auction. They looked to be a pale pink strain of RCS which is probably 100% true. I have a few PURPLE tinted RCS which look quite interesting:icon_bigg .

The seller was asking $1 per and just the minimum for shipping. VERY fair. I was tempted to get some but it's been a bit cold!

So I would be willing to bet that YES they're really pink. Or just light red.

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I noticed the auction as well. Figured they were just poorly colored RCS and skipped.

Now these "blue" shrimp people say breed true.....those I find interesting!

·
Registered
200 Posts
They are just exactly light coloured cherry shrimp. Some of my cherries I recieve, when they grew, became pale as such, others born became this lighter colour. Thus far I have noticed in my colony it is just varience. I keep this colony on white substrate. I have solid reds, I have ones with little reds, darker reds and ones with white and pink colour. Ones with solid pink stripe and ones with no stripe down the back.

Ok, so a "good" cherry is one almost solid red, well there are cherries that are not solid red. These "pink" shrimp are simply cherry reds that are not solid and contain lighter pigments and even white. I have not seen a perfected all pink shrimp. Your pink shrimp will have a lot of "clear" areas.

if it cost more than cherries, it was scam scam scam. Unless it turns out they are all solid pink, but it does not appear as such.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
if it cost more than cherries, it was scam scam scam. Unless it turns out they are all solid pink, but it does not appear as such.
They where $1 per no scam just a person trying to thin some out. The person said that they had had them for a year or more already...

So If you liked the color you should of bought it. Since the auction is closed there isn't a way of showing others what it was so guys the person wasn't scamming...

As for the white RCS... I really want to set up a RCS tank rack (someday) Because of the oddballs that main colonies produce. I have a purple shade RCS and some yellow ones. Along with about a dozen with LOTS of white dots of pigment over the body...

Someday, Someday...

-Andrew

·
Banned
560 Posts
Hello I just stumbled on this posting. Those are my shrimp in the picture posted. They have always been pink except for a few very intensly red ones now and again. The red ones still have a pink saddle.These shrimp have been in the same tank for 2 years. When I look in the tank every leaf and rock has it's own shrimp or two on it. The auctions were posted as an attempt to thin them out and make a few bucks to pay rent. I posted 3 more such auctions on a-bid. If anyone from this forum hits the buy-it-now feature I will make the price $50 instead of $55. Basically I was asking $1 each plus shipping.
If anyone wants a lesser or odd number to try out I can do that too. LMK

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Hello I just stumbled on this posting. Those are my shrimp in the picture posted. They have always been pink except for a few very intensly red ones now and again. The red ones still have a pink saddle.These shrimp have been in the same tank for 2 years. When I look in the tank every leaf and rock has it's own shrimp or two on it. The auctions were posted as an attempt to thin them out and make a few bucks to pay rent. I posted 3 more such auctions on a-bid. If anyone from this forum hits the buy-it-now feature I will make the price $50 instead of $55. Basically I was asking $1 each plus shipping.
If anyone wants a lesser or odd number to try out I can do that too. LMK
I was wondering if those where yours when you posted on the other topic!

Can you show some more pictures? They look really nice...

As for the genetic side on the other topic... no one really knows because no one has really studied it, it's pretty much all made on assumptions...

-Andrew

1 - 20 of 24 Posts