The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order the clippard solenoid, NV-55 and 1/2 lb of CSM+b from Rex and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether this will fit into a "priority mail flat rate envelope"?

Of course I emailed him - that was the first place I thought to get the answer from but he is a busy man and I wanna send payment ASAP, which could be days before I hear from him or...figured plenty of us TPTers have ordered and could tell me.

THANKS

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
I deal with sending CO2 parts out in the mail on an almost daily basis.

I will say that I would not feel comfortable putting those things in a flat rate envelope. I imagine it can be done, but I guess I don't have the same faith in a flat rate envelope that he does! ;) LOL!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would imaging that it depends on what you order however, I'm not sure though. I think it would best to talk to him personally about any concerns you may have.

Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried to order from him once. It took a week or so for us to exchange emails to get questions answered and get a order total. I Paypal'ed the money over and waited another week before he canceled my order and refunded my money saying he had misunderstood what I was ordering. My total was now higher and I needed to reorder. So after wasting a couple weeks I ordered from someone else. Rex seems like a good resource and may rarely botch orders, but my experience was not good.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
There was a time when Rex was just about the only game in town, supplying stuff not available anywhere else. He kept a lot of us going with that service. And, for that I am very grateful to him. However, one thing he isn't is a proprietor of a huge store, with hundreds of staff, all just waiting by their phones to be helpful to you. My buying experiences with him were very satisfactory, but that was about 2-3 years ago.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Perhaps the flat rate envelope applies to dry fertilizers?

However, one thing he isn't is a proprietor of a huge store, with hundreds of staff, all just waiting by their phones to be helpful to you.
Well stated, Hoppy. Rex has been an will continue to be of great service to this hobby.

Before this turns into a review, I am going to politely and respectfully close this thread.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.