The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the lfs to get a replacement for my aquarium pharmaceuticals FW master test kit and I found that they no longer sell this brand. They also don't sell any other brands of liquid testers anyone. All they had was this one new brand, can't remember the name, it had 4 tests and was $28.99. The old brand had more tests than the other and was $20 two years ago. Their quick stripe tests were $15 for 5 different tests but not as accurate at the liquid. So I went to a different pet store to find the aquarium pharmaceuticals FW master test kit so be $44.99. Same exact tests and everything as the one I bought two years ago. So I went to another lfs and they wanted $38 for the aquarium pharmaceuticals FW master test kit. So I ended up getting a quick stripe test kit only because I couldn't see myself paying *that* much just for tests that were a little more accurate. I don't know why the price of liquid tests has gone up so much recently. I realize quick stripes have always costs slightly more than liquid but 20 buck use to be a lot 2 years ago for any brand of liquid testers. Quick stripe prices have pretty much stayed the same. Have any of you noticed this?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Nope. They are pretty cheap around here and the internet. You can always go to a Petsmart and pricematch. My petsmart carries liquid tests. If pricematched with competition prices, they go for like 2.99 for each test. Master test may go for like 15-10 bucks? Never checked but probably like that.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
API has changed the packaging of their FW masters kit. but it still contains the same tests and is in the 15-29 range. depending on where you're shopping. the box stores should have it as should most your LFS's. If all else fails DR F&S has it pretty cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.