The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may remember my aquascape from the Fall, Hau Coast. Recently, I've gotten a LOT better at editing photos though, and recently found an untouched folder of photos from this aquascape. So, I'm re-visiting it.

I'm pretty happy, because I feel that this photo is (a lot better) much more able to communicate the feeling of that aquascape. :D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
boy o boy steven. you just don't even know how much i envy you. :icon_mad: it's all good though. :icon_mrgr :icon_mrgr :icon_mrgr i wish i knew how to edit photos like that. i think that i read that you stumbled across some tutorials or something? i have photoshop elements 5.0. is this program something like what you're using? where did you find the tutorials?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using CS 2.0. Most of the photoshop versions should have the features I use though (I think). I actually keep PS elements 3 (yes, the crappy freebie one) around because it's so much better for simple edits and photo organization.

As for how I picked up some new skills, I read about layer masks in a tutorial at Deviantart for anime art . . . lol

I also read a nice article on sharpening in a recent issue of PC Photo, and there was also an article elaborating on layer and mask use.

I started with anime art years ago though, and a lot of us use layers religiously so figuring out how to (ab)use layers with photo editing was pretty easy to learn. I'll try to make a tutorial myself so you guys can see what I do.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
that would be an incredible favor to myself and plenty of others here. you never seem to let us down. ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm definitely interested in see a tutorial of what exactly you do with your photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.