The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I set up a 10 gallon tank to hatch out eggs from my L144 plecos. They don't like it when the kids live at home too long. So far just a sponge filter. I will add some caves and driftwood later on. Right now, I just want to get the cycle going, hence the algae wafer.

Can anyone think of anything I may have missed? Going to add a heater when I get one too. Later on down the line, I may replace the tank with a 20high along with one next to it. But need the funds first.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
20L works great for the bn's or the shallow totes I use (more surface area). You need a frogbit farm for free veggies. :hihi:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20L works great for the bn's or the shallow totes I use (more surface area). You need a frogbit farm for free veggies. :hihi:
Hi wknd.

I have the parents in the 20long, but every time they lay eggs, they stop until the kids are out of the tank. I may do a couple of 15 gallons for the grow out tanks. Wish I could do a couple of 20 longs, but the shelf is not wide enough. Not until I get a fish room that is. Might have to get some frogbit. Didn't know they ate it. Do they eat duckweed too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.