The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title states, has anyone used this "Remineralize-P" from Brightwell Aquatics to raise GH in RODI water before adding it to tank?

TIA

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This product is extremely confusing to me as the label on the canister states that each gram of Remineraliz-P will increase the GH by .57dGH.
However, on the website it states that each gram will increase GH by 6.7dGH!

This is a very big difference.
I added this product according to the label and found that it did not dissolve fully.
This is very confusing...

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mordalphus, in your experience, how much do you add to the RODI water when reconstituting minerals to get a GH of 5?

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Sorry, I cannot answer that due to the fact that when I used it, I was testing the water after adding, and using a TDS meter. I would use a jar, put ro water in it, put a scoop of remineraliz in it, then shake til dissolved, then I would add to my 5 gallon jug of RO, test the TDS, and go from there.

It was a while ago, but i believe I added until 120ppm of TDS, which was around 5 GH. I did not measure though.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotta admit, it was not smart just adding blindly, even if I was following instructions.
I did a MASSIVE water change, and got my dGH down to 6. It was at 15.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.