The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I took the hood off my tank I find the splashing from my two HOBs a bit more annoying than I would like. I considered attaching a sponge underneath the waterfall to get rid of the splash, but I am not keen on the look.

I wonder if I can find or construct something that will be a spout extender for HOBs? Has anyone seen one made or does anyone have any good ideas on how to make one?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is raising the water level an option? If you can get it just under the outflow that should almost completely eliminate any noise?

Now that I took the hood off my tank I find the splashing from my two HOBs a bit more annoying than I would like. I considered attaching a sponge underneath the waterfall to get rid of the splash, but I am not keen on the look.

I wonder if I can find or construct something that will be a spout extender for HOBs? Has anyone seen one made or does anyone have any good ideas on how to make one?

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Years ago Phil Edwards from AGA showed me a trick. He cut some blue bonded filter material so that it was as wide as the outflow of an HOB. He then cut it long enough so that the filter pad could hold it on, but on the other end it is long enough so that when the water level gets low, the water still doesn't splash. It worked well. The plants were pearling the next day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts