The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from these guys eBay Store - AquaticMagic: Moss, Hikari, Cryptocoryne

If so, what was your experience? I want to order some of the cool mosses they have but it says it may take 9 days. They told me they would guarantee live delivery but I'm not sure if the mosses would hold up that long. Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance everyone. :D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I've ordered from Mike before, great guy to deal with. I got some anubias nana petite that took a week to get here. Plants looked great and the portions were very nice.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
One thing to check out is these threads... I'm not sure anything like this is on this forum so I'll link you to APC!

Aquarium Plant Forum

And this is aquatic magick's forum sectoin thread...
Liability if package is stopped - Aquarium Plant Forum

Personally orriginally I was all for buying from him. But now I would try and stay with people in the USA post what you are looking for in the swap n shop section and you will probably get much better plants for less ;)

Hope this helped,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Also if you plan to purchase plants from overseas to get the certificate.
That's what I wanted to be made obvious. And to be a bit concerned on how he has no real website and deals all through PMs and Emails.

Also, the cost of the cert. is probably more than just getting plants here in the USA...

-Andrew

Oh, I also know he takes some pictures without permission.... and used them as his own. I think if you go to swap and shop and say looking to buy "upqnybqfiu qrfupqnpuifh and gnrpqughqpey" you will be much happier... but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I ordered some moss from them, It took 10 or 11 days to get here. It was in excellent shape. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also, the cost of the cert. is probably more than just getting plants here in the USA...

-Andrew
Well, not always the case. Aquaspot World has been shipping to USA regularly since early last year and has already established a channel for exporting plants there, direct from Asia with all proper documents and strict inspection process.

You are not required to pay for the phyto cert, at least, if you are ordering from us and as long as the plants are going to USA!

Seriously, can you imagine waiting for more than 10 days (from point of shipment) for any plant to arrive? And that you don't even know if your Customs has already got to it first.

Buying plants online from overseas or locally should be a breeze, knowing that the plants are certified and fit for export, not having to wait 10 over days and worrying about them being confiscated by Customs.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Bahaha . . . I actually have orders coming to me right now from AB, AM, and ASW . . . lol . . .

I've ordered stuff from all 3 before, and I must just have good luck or something because I've never been let down by any of 'em. :bounce:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Steve, I am shipping your plants next week. Wed and thursday we had snow and UPS stopped shipping. It was only like 3" of snow, but UPS held everything in Portland until today.

I don't know how Aquaspotworld can ship without charging for the certificate, but at least they apparently do it legally, they are the only overseas online seller that does. Nobody really cares if they are being complicint in smuggling plants into this country illegally or not. Even clubs, and even guest speakers from other countries.... I gave up trying to be the consience of everyone. At least finally its not all roses, and people are hearing about some of the problems too.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I had bad luck (DOA) with HC and Eriocaulon cinerium from ASW, but Cyperus helferi from them came in great. My moss survived from Asia with another supplier, but it looked near death when first opened. I now trade at Swap n Shop, or from Robert or Low Coaster exclusively. Plants traveling from Asia through US Customs is mighty risky, IME. I consider it the "slow down" at US Customs to be the problem, not the quality of plants from ASW.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.