The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
532 Posts
I have been using my Helix Max for a number of years. During that period I had tried various internal UV sterilizers hoping to find something more convenient. But they all had their own problem. Eventually, I returned to the Helix Max. Today I still use it as a safeguard to prevent the spread of disease whenever adding new fish to a tank.

BTW, the Helix Max's tube connectors are a bit flimsy. I broke one while trying to disconnect a tubing.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have not personally used these, but a friend of mine who owned an aquarium store swears by them. He used them on all of his systems as a preventative measure against parasites and other nasties that can exist in a retail fish store, and he said that they reduced his losses so much that he considers them a crucial part of any set-up. I have always had extremely good luck with any Aqua Medic product.

·
Banned
532 Posts
I have not personally used these, but a friend of mine who owned an aquarium store swears by them. He used them on all of his systems as a preventative measure against parasites and other nasties that can exist in a retail fish store, and he said that they reduced his losses so much that he considers them a crucial part of any set-up.
I wish more store owners would do the same. It makes money-sense for the store and is good for the health of the tank inhabitants, not to mention the reduced risk for the customers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.