The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're pretty sweet looking, and some of the models look like they'd provide plenty of space to use as a planter - or at least hide some planter baskets behind.

http://www.aquaterra-intl.com/gallery.html

I kind of want to try it after we move but since I've never seen one of these in person I almost hesitate. Anyone handled one in person?

· Registered
2,315 Posts
I haven't used them, but from just a quick look at their website, there are some pics of the same model/background being used in both vivariums and aquariums.

I'm guessing it's a polyurethane foam (like great stuff), but that's just a guess.

I think DIY is the way to go, and a lot of times it will be cheaper. Plus, once your set-up gets established, the background should end up covered in plants and moss and stuff anyways, so flaws and such tend to be less noticeable.

· Registered
5,740 Posts
Looks like a cool idea, would have to remember circulation for I front of and behind the display. Lot of people do DIY backgrounds (Google and YouTube will yield plenty of how-to's) gotta remember to let it cure and cut out parts for filtration etc if home made.
I'd contact them to see if they tried live animals in the displays with the backgrounds or if they pre cured (soaking) before adding fish/etc. don't know what paints and coatings they use, if they fish safe, and won't break down overtime (under water for 10 minutes for a photo is a lot different than 10 years).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.