The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some eco-complete off ebay. It's been about 2weeks and I sent an email an this is the reply I got."(Sorry for the delay I was awaiting word from carib sea on when we would get more in.this should ship out early next week sorry for the delay our last batch froze and we had to wait for more to arrive and it should be here early next week.Carib sea had a hold up on their shipment that was unforeseen.
We lost power about 2 weeks ago and everything which had liquid in it was frozen)" Does eco-complete freeze??? I live in Hawaii and nothing freezes. Has anyone order stuff from this company? I might start looking into having a complaint with paypal and ebay.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Eco-complete comes packed in a liquid, so it's very possible that the bags could have frozen, and maybe even burst their packaging, although that's probably unlikely.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
rnakas, I'd say cancel the order and buy some ADA aquasoil from adg or aquaforest. Its better and probably about the same price for the same volume. I know in Hawaii the water hardness is somewhere in the range of 8 degrees. I have friends in hawaii using the aquasoil to great success due to the fact that it softens the water.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My kh is 4 and my gh is 7. The water was softer when I first set the tank up.I do water change about 25% a week if I'm on island.They sent me an email that it shipping yesterday but I'm still??? so If not I'll file a complaint to paypal and ebay to see if I can get some money back,before i order Aquasoil. Did your friend get the aquasoil in Hawaii? Thanks,Rick
rnakas, I'd say cancel the order and buy some ADA aquasoil from adg or aquaforest. Its better and probably about the same price for the same volume. I know in Hawaii the water hardness is somewhere in the range of 8 degrees. I have friends in hawaii using the aquasoil to great success due to the fact that it softens the water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts