The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally decided it was time to create a journal of my 10 gallon halfmoon since iv been aquascaping alot and adding fish like crazy.

I have a marineland 10 gallon halfmoon
filter: marineland bio filter 100
heater: stock (tetra 50wat submersible)
light: stock tetra Led 16 wat i believe
swivel desk lamp 13wat fluorescent light
ikea led strip lights to create a moonlight
Hardscape
- Malaysian driftwood
- river rock
substrate
-smooth silica sand
- underneath some ugly blue gravel
plants:
java fern
java moss
fish:
(to date)
2 balloon molly
4 guppy
3 cory catfish
1 crowntail betta
1 hillstream loach
3 neon tetra
( SO MANY FISH :O )

My tank has gone through many changes since i first got it, and its only been a MONTH!

heres when i first started (July 17th 2011)
fish: guppy and cory catfish (later on 6 neon tetra but 3 of then died)

July 31 (guessing)
got balloon moly for cheap, malaysian driftwood,java moss and java ferns
still had that ugly blue gravel with river rocks

(Aug 9)
added sand and DIY CO2

to date (Aug 14, 2011)
added hillstream loach

You guys got me ADDICTED TO PLANTED AQUARIUMS :icon_surp

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CHICAGO :O, i dont think we can be friends
just joking

thanks, iv been really getting into this hobby and was thinking of starting my 33 gallon tank or getting a cheap kit on craiglist

Question, am i really over stocked here. Im tempted to get more fish but i know it wouldn't be good for the tank.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was shopping for plants and found a lovely anubias and then i stumbled on a oto cat on sale for a dollar, I couldnt say no, so now I have an oto cat on my big list of fish for my 10 gallon :p. I also got flourish to help my java moss, java ferns and anubias to grow.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hey I have that exact tank, but its empty upstairs right now. Its great to see it fully stocked. I can't wait to get mine going. It's gonna go in my entry way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a little update video with the new anubias growing nicely
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3lA8ZE44pY

and here are some pics

if you look closely on the left side on the rock is a little black bump, thats my hill stream loach peaking his head out.

Im hoping that adding this 13 wat light will help my plants grow since im adding searchem flourish

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cool. Those are some interesting dimensions to work with. I like your video too and the music choice (reggae fan myself).
Its SUMMER, reggae is a must, and thanks, working with the dimensions very challenging because the rounded glass distorts the view making the driftwood a lot bigger then it actually is. Im debating to take out the driftwood since it takes up so much space but I did pay good money for it.

I love these tanks! I set one p and planted it at work, and I liked it so much I almost bought it!

I see you've upgraded the light, great choice!

The tank is looking pretty good so far.
This is my first tank ever as I saw this at petsmart for a good deal. Hopefully the light I added on would be a good addition as it use to be one of my many desk lamps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Definitely, on the reggae being a summer must. Doesn't hold quite the same sway in winter. The driftwood does take up a good chunk but it makes a good centerpiece. Fish probably like the tannins and the shelter too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.