The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 7 rasboras the other day-three males and four females. After climatizing them in my tank, about 6 hours later they went into a total spazzed out breeding frenzy. I thought they were supposed to be hard to breed but I guess since my tank has a PH of about 6.3 and the LFS's PH is about 7.2 this must have triggered them... they are as active as danios.. never knew.. :icon_roll

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
They are very active, and not hard to breed at all. In fact, in my experience, I used to wish that just for a second they would stop spawning and just SCHOOL TOGETHER for my pleasure... just every once in a while... THEN they can get back to spawning, lol.

Seriously, in every tank I've had them in, it doesn't take long for the dominant male to assert his authority, and then for females to find their own little crypt leaf to swim upside down under, and that's all they did all day long every day!!

The thing is, though, that they won't always lay eggs, and even then, if they do, they won't always hatch. They require soft, acidic water if you want these things to happen.

The same goes for the other Trigonostigma spp. too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.