The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got around to redoing my 54 gal corner tank. I am using ada as with power sand.

I have just placed the manzanita wood in. Its a pic of the dry set up. lmk what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
bLack ground!
the sticks look okay, good luck with that back corner though.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
It's an interesting idea, but I think it will be very difficult to pull off an effective aquascape.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
that could work, especially with some sand as a river thing between them.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
pool filter sand from HOme DePoT!!!
like 10$ or less for 50# bag

·
Registered
235 Posts
How many lbs of gravel did you use and where did you get those roots from?? I have the same tank I am going to be setting up so I'm glad to see your ideas, it'll help me with mine

kara

·
Registered
247 Posts
sorry for my blindness but i dont see whats so hard about scaping corner/hex
tanks. tall/med plants in back and middel and a nice 90* foreground of hc, glosso, or hairgrass.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Yea i thought it would be too difficult so how about this

Much better, I think you will like having the wood closer to the front when the plants are put it, I did. What is that thing stuck to the glass on the right hand side?...DC

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
pool filter sand from HOme DePoT!!!
like 10$ or less for 50# bag
Much less. Its $4-something for a 50# bag. You just want to make sure you rinse it really well as it is dirty, but its certainly worth it. I used this as substrate in my cichlid tank and it works well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heres a major question that i have

When i fill the tank with water will the wood stay in its place? The wood is water logged and i saoked it for 3 weeks. Thanks

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
It might not. It depends on what kind of wood it is, how porous and how heavy. I have a couple pieces of wood. Ok, they're more like sticks :) They will not sink, even after being in the tank for 8 months. If they don't, just try getting some plant weights, or using a rock or another piece of wood to hold it in place.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How many lbs of gravel did you use and where did you get those roots from?? I have the same tank I am going to be setting up so I'm glad to see your ideas, it'll help me with mine

kara
I used 3 bags of the 9l aqua soil with a power sand M bag.

As for the roots i am guessing you mean the diftwood, well i got that from manzanita burlworks.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I like that a lot better. Keep the foreground both large and low, put some midground stems like HM around the wood, and a dense thick background. I think a corner tank screams "give me a huge foreground!".

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
One way to improve on what you have done would be to slope your substrate towards the back of the tank. At the front of the tank i like to have the substrate even with the bottom rim. I would also paint the background black or blue. make sure you use flat acrylic latex paint.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Heres a major question that i have

When i fill the tank with water will the wood stay in its place? The wood is water logged and i saoked it for 3 weeks. Thanks
If the manzanita is already waterlogged, it should not float. However, if it is not anchored it will be very easy to knowk over. 6x6 tiles anchored my manzanite very well.....DC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts