The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting my first planted/aquascape tank ever! I really like the look of ohko stone but none of my LFS have anything close to it and the limited places I can find it online have pretty steep prices! Does anyone have any tips where I can find this beautiful stone for decent price? or maybe something very similar to it? Also have read that it is basically like a hardened clay..will it erode in my fish tank? Anyone advice from someone that has any experience with this would be greatly appreciated (or really any input on aquascapes as I am very much a rookie with this)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am attempting my first planted/aquascape tank ever! I really like the look of ohko stone but none of my LFS have anything close to it and the limited places I can find it online have pretty steep prices! Does anyone have any tips where I can find this beautiful stone for decent price? or maybe something very similar to it? Also have read that it is basically like a hardened clay..will it erode in my fish tank? Anyone advice from someone that has any experience with this would be greatly appreciated (or really any input on aquascapes as I am very much a rookie with this)
Yeah ohko stones are somewhat hardened clay. It breaks apart pretty easy (i mean there is some pressure you need to put on it) but nothing like other rocks. Mine have been lasting for a year or so and still haven't shown signs of decomposition or nothing I can see. My amano shrimp love to take shelter in the pores, so make sure you clean out all the holes before adding it into an aquarium.

I bought mine from Ohko Stones (10lbs) | Aquatic Mag
but also you can check out Aqua Forest Aquarium and ADG (Aqua Design Group) (i believe they sell?)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Adu aquascaping on you tube sells dragon Stone it's the only thing he stock I think and he also has a bunch of videos on aquascaping super skilled he is I suscbed to his channel and watched just about all he has a sick tank !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.