The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the aquascape scene. I am following a picture as my inspiration for my tank but I just need some help with ID of some hardscape please. I’m just trying to figure out what each of these hardscape materials are so I can buy them.

Below is the image. Just trying to work out what the branches are and twigs are and what the brown- orange rocks and stones are. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the aquascape scene. I am following a picture as my inspiration for my tank but I just need some help with ID of some hardscape please. I’m just trying to figure out what each of these hardscape materials are so I can buy them.

Below is the image. Just trying to work out what the branches are and twigs are and what the brown- orange rocks and stones are. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

View attachment 1027279
All of the rocks and wood are natural products, meaning they are really rocks and really bits of wood. Even if you found the same rock quarried/harvested from the same area it will look different from what you see in the picture. I instead would HIGHLY suggest going to a local well stocked fish store and see what they have for sale. The forum makes it hard to tell where in the world you are, but I am guessing you are in the UK? If so there are some really great aquascaping stores there. Aquarium Gardens has a lot of store tour videos online so I know they are well stocked. It will be much easier to pick hardscaping materials you can see with your own eyes and especially if you can practice layouts in the store (which many of the better aquascaping stores will allow/have a place for).

Anyway if you want brownish rocks you will be able to find brownish rocks. There is no guarantee that this rock in this aquarium was actually sold in a fish store though. They could easily have been collected in the aquascapers backyard. I certainly do that for my tanks.

Hopefully this is helpful. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.