The Planted Tank Forum banner

Hardscape for Spec V

903 3
I have a Spec V that I setup with some spider wood a couple years ago. I neglected the tank quite a bit and now want to completely redo the scape. I was thinking some sort of stone, rather than wood. Not quite sure what I want but couldn't find any stone I liked locally. I was doing some searching online and found a number of different sellers selling different types of stone. They all seem to sell by the pound, which I have no clue how much I would need. If anyone has any suggestions for what hardscape and how much let me know. :smile2:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
There are some people on here and elsewhere (Rachel O'Leary - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd) that will sell mockups so you can see the actual stones you are purchasing. I think I ordered 10-15 lbs of random seiryu stone for my spec v. It was easy to break up larger pieces with a hammer so that they fit. I'd err on the side of having too much stone instead of too little because it gives you more options in setting up your scape and more stones look better anyway. My spec setup is in my signature if you want to see what I did.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some people on here and elsewhere (Rachel O'Leary - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd) that will sell mockups so you can see the actual stones you are purchasing. I think I ordered 10-15 lbs of random seiryu stone for my spec v. It was easy to break up larger pieces with a hammer so that they fit. I'd err on the side of having too much stone instead of too little because it gives you more options in setting up your scape and more stones look better anyway. My spec setup is in my signature if you want to see what I did.
Okay, Thanks. I was thinking Seiryu stone also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.