The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That I have finally found Ammano Shrimp...

Yea I know I can get them around here but wasnt taking the risk of paying the cost of the shrimp and shipping. You see I have 3 Adult large Angels in my tank and I feed them (from time to time) Ghost Shrimp.

So I was in my local petco the other day looking to see what plants they might have, none of course interested me. So I was scanning the tank to see if there were any unique fish and I saw Ammano Shrimp...Hoping they labled them as Ghost Shimp I asked the guy the price and He said OHH Those are Ammano and they are 2.29.

So I got JUST one to see if maybe it would survive and I got the biggest. When I put him in they were VERY interested in it, but I guess decided he was to big. He is larger than my Cardinals and Rummies, I honestly didnt realize how big they were.

So if he last a couple of weeks longer I plan on picking up two more.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
About a month ago I found a couple of big Amanos at an LFS and decided to take a chance and put them in my mother's tank with her bala and her mature yo-yo loaches. So far they have somehow survived. I figured that they would be lunch awfully quickly.

Amanos get pretty big and pretty fast. Even the smaller ones I picked up earlier in the summer have gotten pretty big. I actually have smaller ones somehow surviving with my 10 angelicus loaches in a 40 breeder. I have yet to see them out in the open though - they seem to be surviving purely by virtue of hiding away in a mass of floating plants.

You might try that in your angel tank. Toss a clump of watersprite or hornwort in and let it float on top.

That I have finally found Ammano Shrimp...

Yea I know I can get them around here but wasnt taking the risk of paying the cost of the shrimp and shipping. You see I have 3 Adult large Angels in my tank and I feed them (from time to time) Ghost Shrimp.

So I was in my local petco the other day looking to see what plants they might have, none of course interested me. So I was scanning the tank to see if there were any unique fish and I saw Ammano Shrimp...Hoping they labled them as Ghost Shimp I asked the guy the price and He said OHH Those are Ammano and they are 2.29.

So I got JUST one to see if maybe it would survive and I got the biggest. When I put him in they were VERY interested in it, but I guess decided he was to big. He is larger than my Cardinals and Rummies, I honestly didnt realize how big they were.

So if he last a couple of weeks longer I plan on picking up two more.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might try that in your angel tank. Toss a clump of watersprite or hornwort in and let it float on top.
Actually he enjoys perching on top of the water-sprite. I have a huge piece of DW with tons of Java moss which gives him hiding places. However he does goes out at feeding and eats with everyone else. I assume I am going to have to feed a little more (i feed once a day) so the Angels or Leopard Ctenopoma will leave him alone.

I will try to get some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.