The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
My mouth is watering right now.. I might even turn that picture into my back ground it looks SO GOOD. I can't eat anything right now in fact I am on tube feeding for the next 1 1/2 weeks. That what happens when someone eats to much Red Meat they tell me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hey Rex, that looks tasty!
You should try the same rub and smoke on some cornish hens with a beer can up their a** :D half full and they will probably turn out super tasty and moist!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Rex, those look fantastic,

care to share the rub recipe?

I did the 2 hour beer can chicken this weekend with what Steven Raichlen calls his Memphis rub, and lots of smoke.
Funny I gave up tobacco, but picked up this smokin. :biggrin:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm... Looks good, Rex. I LOVE cooking chicken on the pit. Yes, tell us your recipe if you would. Mine ~ rub with olive oil all over, then sprinkle with seasoned salt ~ works great on thin sliced zuchini, too.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty simple.

I used the Traeger Chicken and Pork shake. Mixed with a bit of the Costco Sweet Mesquite rub.

The secret of course is the cooking with wood. Hickory in this case.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I had some grill chicken tonight that was finished with the wet stuff. All cheap cuts less than a dollar a pound. It was good eats but that dry rub sounds a whole lot better. I've got some hardwood charcoal I've been saving and a few chunks of hickory. Off to the store tomorrow.

·
Registered
803 Posts
No grilling for me. It's been RAINING ALL WEEKEND! This thread had me ready to start fires in the pits (one made of oil rig casing and another the typical 55 gallon drum type ~ yeah, Rex, I'm slummin' ;)) and invite the neighbors for steaks. Bummer.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
rex. Why is the foil under the grill? Is this to avoid the direct flame?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh, god. Didn't your mama ever teach you not to mess with a fat girl about food? Just you wait 'til this winter, Walter, when I'm down here ringing in the New Year in my shirtsleeves with nary a snowflake in sight. ;)

Seriously, that brine soak sounds good on pork. What do you put in it? I do my fried chicken that way ~ just sea salt in the water though, then a seasoned battering and pressure cook it. The Colonel ain't got nothin' on me.

(Yahaha! I knew it was to keep his new baby clean! :icon_lol:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.