The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad has helped me set up my tank, and we have been retrofitting my Nova Extreme SLR 2x24w. We are going to paint it white and make the power cord come out the top. I want to hang the light and have it look very nice and clean. We will drill holes in the top to hang it.

I want to have the hanger to be adjustable so I can raise and lower the light. We were going to do it diy but it would be hard to adjust with out letting it fall. We picked up this Sun Grip light fixture hanger, but it looks like a carabiner. Does anyone have suggestions on a hanging kit to buy or build?

Thanks!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
As I recall, you squeeze the little metal bumps on the side of the piece that the two legs attach to the single cable with. That releases the "grip" on the single cable, letting you pull the end of that cable to shorten the length to the "tee". The excess of the single cable sticks out at a slight angle down below that piece. If I were to use one of those I would want a ball swaged on that end of the cable so it couldn't pull all the way out. (As I recall, there is a ball on one end of that cable.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts