The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm building a new 50 gallon tank.

Lighting-wise I have to stick with 2x Kessil a360we tuna sun, as I already got them from first forey into planted tank several years back.

I have the kessil goose necks but they look aweful. I wonder if anyone has suggestions or experience with using other hanging frames/mount that look better.

With all the effort going into rimless aquarium, glass lily pipes etc... slapping these huge goose necks on top feels wrong.

Thanks in advance for any pointers. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you're not comfortable hanging them directly from the ceiling another option could be to mount an Ikea shelf or similar to hang it from. Could double as storing aqarium equipment as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just finished painting my Kessil A160s silver/white to match my white stand and my Atledtis HR light hanging kit (it's the HR-901 since I have a 90cm tank). I'm waiting on white cable sleeves to cover the kessil black cables before ziptying them to the back of the light hanging frame but the end result should look way better than any of the Kessil mounts IMHO.

I'm not sure what the dimensions of your 50gal are but the Atledtis frames are somewhat adjustable and look pretty clean. Here's an in-progress pic of my setup (please excuse my daughter's desk - she started virtual learning today :help: lol):

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hmm i was talking about the goodet necks. Thats what I have. Didnt realize they have the new stands. Looks better, may try them thanks for mentioning it.
Oooh, that mounting arm is much neater than my existing gooseneck, especially with the cables hidden inside the tube. Not exactly cheap though....
https://www.kessil.com/aquarium/accessories_MountingArms.php
I had the goosenecks for a while, very affordable solution. The official mounting arms look sooooo much better... but they are priced ridiculous and you can't find a good deal on them anywhere. I'd say they're worth it if you know you'll have the Kessils a while. If I were handy and knew I'd be in my current house longer I'd look at hanging them somehow, but it's the best option after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.