The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this website the second article down has a picture of hanging aquariums and a link to the store with more pictures and where you can buy them for $5000!

They look super thin and I'd be constantly paranoid about it falling, not to mention me falling when doing maintenance on a step ladder lol. But still, if you had money to blow and stocked it with small fish and plants it would be pretty sweet.

Link

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hanging aquarium from Aquarium Architecture
better layout but i would be nervous of the floor above.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
looks like they are all warehouse conversions (i guess it would need to have the thick slab reinforced concrete floors to support all the weight along with the I beams)
nice but trimming a planted one would be a nightmare.

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Those kinds of setups strike me as gimmicky. I am mch more impressed with aquariums having artistic combinations of plants, fish and natural hardscapes.

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
When you look at aquariums as pictured above, you have to consider where the designer is coming from. The want something that "looks cool". In both the above cases, you could remove the fish, decorations and water, and put almost anything else in there, and it would still have a similar visual effect.

Now if that's the look your going for, go for it. However, I've always considered the fish, plants and other livestock to be where the action is. My personal preference is to show that off, and I feel such novelty aquariums take away from that. Even if money were no object, I just can get too excited about novelty aquariums.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
On this website the second article down has a picture of hanging aquariums and a link to the store with more pictures and where you can buy them for $5000!

They look super thin and I'd be constantly paranoid about it falling, not to mention me falling when doing maintenance on a step ladder lol. But still, if you had money to blow and stocked it with small fish and plants it would be pretty sweet.

Link
looking at the store page for the item, they're not horribly thin. with a minimum depth of 12", they're no worse than a 55g which is very commonly used

http://www.opulentitems.com/Hanging-Fish-Tank_p_939.html#

i don't think their pictures adequately show off the item though... but at around 100g and 12 or 14" in depth, they're well sized tanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts