The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2 bulb odyssea fixture sitting on top of my 40breeder. I'm looking for medium to high light. I have pressurized co2 running at a 8+ bps to give me between 25 and 30ppm of co2. The one light fixture doesn't evenly cover the tank front to back. I planned to pick up a second one from someone locally.

Should I hang both lights above the tank? If so what height? Or should I just stick with the lights resting on the rim of the tank?

Thanks
Anthony

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If you raised just the one light that would give you a better spread. Not sure what that would do to you for light level though and if you would be happy with it. May only need 4-5 inches.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main concern is an even spread of high light. And no algae from too much lighting. Right now my photoperiod is 7hrs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If you raise a single 2 bulb Odyssea light about 2 inches above the top of the tank, you should have good medium to high light. If you use two of those lights, you will have a lot more light, and might need to raise them a foot above the top of the tank, giving you a lot of spillover light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts