The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had one of these Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobsters? If so did it work out ok I really really think they are cool and am thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
If you're thinking of it for a planted tank, forget it. Most crays will eat all your plants, or the very least, be pricks like my roommates blue crays were and just kept snipping them all off at the roots.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're thinking of it for a planted tank, forget it. Most crays will eat all your plants, or the very least, be pricks like my roommates blue crays were and just kept snipping them all off at the roots.

Ok well that answers that :( LOL I guess it is time to get the second tank :icon_eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also, if you get one, make sure you have a FULL lid on the tank. Make sure you cover any openings in the top of the lid where any filter or canister tubes are.
I have one of these and they are escape artists.
I got up one morning and discoverd my tank empty. The cray had gotten out. I found him more than 30 feet away under my clothes drier. I was able to re-acclimate him and he is doing fine now. I have covered ALL openings in my lid to make sure he does not escape again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts