The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I hesitate to even call them cracks, since they're so shallow, but there are these noticeable scratches that came with my aquarium when I bought it. There are about two or three. I'm starting a planted aquarium soon and just noticed them.

I was not able to photograph them, but they look almost like hairs and don't go all the way through to the outside.

Is this a problem? Will I need to fix them or return?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

- John

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Where did you buy them from, and if so, are you able to get a refund or at least some money back?

Can you take pictures of the tank so we can see hat the cracks look like?

Scratches are fine, but if they're actually cracks, then it depends on how high they are in the tank, as well as how much it bothers you. Is the aquarium glass, or acrylic?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you buy them from, and if so, are you able to get a refund or at least some money back?

Can you take pictures of the tank so we can see hat the cracks look like?

Scratches are fine, but if they're actually cracks, then it depends on how high they are in the tank, as well as how much it bothers you. Is the aquarium glass, or acrylic?
Thanks for the reply!

It's a glass aquarium and I bought it from petsmart, so I would be able to return it. They don't bother me ascetically - just worried about functionally.

I filled the tank up and let it sit for about half hour or so and there were so signs of leaking.

Unfortunately, they are too hard to photograph. They don't show up in pics.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Double check that the 'cracks or scratches' are not silicone threads from when the tank was assembled. If the tank is actually scratched, I'd return it and check the replacement one carefully.

Reactions: Plinkploop
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.