The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.just wondering what the hagen brand light tubes are like.Ive just bought 2 25watt power glo, 2 25 watt aqua glo and 2 25watt sun glos.I wasnt happy with the colour of the sun glo so i changed to 2 25 watt 10000k resun tubes .Ill stick with this combination for six month(flouro life etc).When i come to replacing them would i just better off buying the 10000k tubes.(Lot better price i might add).Imonly running 1.5 watt per gallon on a hundred gallom tank.Im not exspecting to grow ther hardest plants just want a good light combination for easier plant types,?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm using Coralife bulbs now, but when I first set up my tank, I used Hagen tubes - one Floraglo and one Aquaglo. I was quite satisfied with the results. Even my stem plants grew well, even though I only was using 2 watts per gallon from a standard twin tube strip light. If I had to do it over again, I would probably use two Plowerglos instead. They're of the same spectrum as the Aquaglos, but with a higher lux rating. My only issue with the Floraglo is that after buying it, I realized that the spectrum wasn't really what was supposed to be the ideal for growing plants, in that it had mostly green output and practically no blue. Despite this, it grew my plants just fine, and I liked the color combination between the two Hagen tubes I used better than the two 6,500K Coralife bulbs I'm using now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.