The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these are common, has anyone figured out a great way to dampen the sound and giant bubbles that cause tidal waves thru my tank? No, but seriously it's loud, I have it set up to one of the two outlets on my tetra whisper 60 pump. I have a 20g tall and I use an aqueon 30 too. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
I've not dealt with that one but in general I find bubbles to be noisy. One way to adjust the amount of air is to add a second outlet to the airstream. A tee with a second valve or a double valve setup so that some of the air can just bleed off will let you adjust the air. This is better than just restricting the air as blocking the line will sometimes lead to putting pressure on the pump diaphragm and make it fail quicker than it might.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea, I've heard of some people putting a sponge on the end or adding a piece of pipe that make the bubbles more like an air stone, but I have never done it and I'm curious how it's done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fit a 3-4" piece of plastic tube into the 90 at the top. Poke a bunch of small holes into the tube and shove one of the cheap white airstones into the end. Most of the bubbles come out of the small holes and are small enough not to create noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts