The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just cant stay away!!

Its been about 6 months since I tore down my tank in my sig. I was too busy with work and school and found myself too tired/lazy to maintain it. It outgrow the tank and I just tore the whole thing down.

I always wanted to try a very pretty Jungle theme Paludarium. I had no idea how to do it but after hours of research, I think i'm getting it

Heres the layout so far. This will go into a 10 gallon tanks but Im not quite done getting the netting tied on

Equipment used so far.
-Eggcrate
-Zip Ties
-Window screen cover
-Crappy scissors that gave me super bruised fingers.

Tomorrow I will be shopping for some wood and Cork Bark that will be attached to the background of the Eggcrate with 'Great Stuff Foam'.

10-16-2011

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I got the great stuff background up. This was pretty easy. Keep in mind to not go overboard! After I got in on the background, I added the driftwood before the great stuff could cure.

After a day of drying, I added the silicon. This part was very tedious. I added the coco fiber and it looks great.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Ooh! Wine! Lucky creatures! lol Just teasing ; )
This is looking great, I'm subscribed, too!
What kind of livestock will this have?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is going to have frogs. dont know what kind yet haha

I want darts but im scared to buy one and have it die. too expensive! The bottom of the tank will have about 3 gallons of water so I could have something small in there. Maybe some cheap cherry shrimp or some micro rasboras or CPD's or something. not too many though!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I didn't realize Great Stuff came in more than one color - is there a reason you used two different types? I hope to make a riparium this winter, and if there are different kinds of GS I should probably learn about it! lol
Thanks,
Cindy

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its not Great Stuff brand but its pretty much the same thing. Its 'Beckett Waterfall Foam' and I picked it up from Lowes. Freakin expensinve compared to Great Stuff.

I chose the black because I wanted it to be like a rock ledge and I didnt want to paint the White Great Stuff.

Anyway! Today I added some vines, and the 10 gallon was too small! So i used my old 20 Long. This will be much more fun with a bigger tank anyway.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright I had lots of fun today. I got the waterfalls going. I used 2 ZooMed 501 Canister filters I had sitting around and used it for the water feature.

I added some normal aquarium sand from Petco. I mixed 2 white, 1 black, 1 grey and got a pretty good color.

I added some Weeping moss, java moss, and Anubias as starting plants but will be getting much more.

Right Side

Left Side

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just placed an order from another site for some Broms and creeping plants and ground cover. Very excited to get this bad boy running!

In the meantime, can anyone recommend what frog or lizard I should keep in here?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.