The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planned to do a 50% water change... didn't go as planned! My searchem pollen glass 17mm bubble counter came lose and pushed all the water into the aquarium no biggie right? Tried getting the airline off without warm water and it broke in my hand!!! Blood went everywhere including inside my aquarium... I had a spare sitting around hooked it up and is working as it should. I then noticed a small piece of idk what floating around tried grabbing it with my left had with forceps but stirred up the top layer of soil with the bottom layer (I have powder Soil on top) frustrating I then had to drop a small amount of powder Soil on top... then brush of the plants.... just thought I'd share a terrible experience

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Banned
628 Posts
Sorry you cut your hand. That tubing is so hard to remove. I used to use a dolly peg clothes pin to remove tubing from things. Sometimes your thumbnail isn't enough. I wonder if a little silicone grease would make the tubing slip off too easily. A tiny amount of it might make it easier to remove tubing. This really is a problem.

EDIT: I just put a tiny amount of silicone grease on the tip of a tooth pick and applied it to the inside of the silicone tubing fitted on my bubble counter. It was a struggle getting the tubing off using my thumbnail. It took like an entire minute to remove the tubing. After I applied the silicone grease, the tubing was much easier to remove. Now all I have to worry about is the tubing slipping off the bubble counter. I pushed the tubing a little further over the glass tube on the bubble counter to secure it better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.