The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:proud: Gutter Guard + Moss = Great Carpet

Gutter Guard is a harder plastic, very thin, and bendable with nice big holes. I weaved a couple of plant sinkers through each piece, tied the moss directly on top of each piece, then put them in.

The best is that since it's so bendable, you can tweak them to give gentle slopes.

I'm finished with that fiberglass mesh with the tiny holes.

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The holes are fine. The real problem is that it weights less than water and its not easy to get the "coiled" bend out of the stock material from the packaged roll.

I have about 100 feet of it sitting in my basement that will never be used again.

I cut it into small shapes as needed, then I used the plant sinkers not only to keep the it down, but to bend it into the shape I wanted. The sinkers are bendable and will hold the shape you give them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The holes are fine. The real problem is that it weights less than water and its not easy to get the "coiled" bend out of the stock material from the packaged roll.

I have about 100 feet of it sitting in my basement that will never be used again.
To soften and straighten it, either try boiling it while flattening it out, or lay it out on a HOT sunny day on nice black asphalt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.