The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just upgraded to sponsor, so this thread is being retired. Check out the Southern Oak Aquatics subforum for all the Gush, BorneoWild, Foam, and Stainless Steel Tools info, pricing, and news. You can find it at http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/southern-oak-aquatics/.

The subforum gives me a little more room to work with, so the descriptions of products have been expanded and more pics have been added.

Thanks very much for all your support and feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any chance of longer wave and hook scissors?

Craig
I've been looking but no luck so far. I'm afraid if I can find longer wave scissors the cost would push the price up into that "You paid how much for a pair of scissors?!" range.

HOLY MOLY! There was just a thread about alternative filter pipes a few days ago. I think theres a member that will totally grab those metal pipes up! He's been looking for those exact ones!
Send them this way! I was a little nervous when I first ordered these, but they really are nice. I've got a set on my OEBT tank and they just look great. I'll have to switch the intake out when the babies are born (5 berried females right now:icon_excl) but for now I love them.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I've been looking but no luck so far. I'm afraid if I can find longer wave scissors the cost would push the price up into that "You paid how much for a pair of scissors?!" range.
Cool, I was hoping to find a 12" version as with a 30" tall tank 6" scissors are somewhat hard to work with.

Craig

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let us see a picture of the pipes sitting inside your tanks. Maybe it will bring in for fish!
Note that they fit over rimmed tanks (They are in a standard 20 long) and that I keep the water about 3 inches low in this tank. Both pieces have 2 suction cups for stability. Also note the shameless advertising cameo by the Crystal Pod :icon_smil

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have, unfortunately, had to adjust my pricing. If you have already received a price quote from me, I will still honor it

-Clay

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Prices went up. People should have grabbed the pipes when they had the chance!!
Yes they did. I'm not especially happy about having to raise the prices on any of these products, but it's out of my control. There have also been some changes to shipping charges to help offset the price increases.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Any pics of the stainless steel intake strainer or experience using it? Specifically concerned about how long it can go without being cleaned (how clog resistant it is) and how fry safe it is.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
He has a picture of the pipes on page one at the bottom in use on his OEBT tank. Looks legit, doesnt seem to be shrimplet or fry safe, but he carries the filter intake which I THINK does screw on to the intake.

Looks pretty legit to me. I dig it, AND you have the peace of mind knowing you wont snap the glass or the glass breaking on you.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any pics of the stainless steel intake strainer or experience using it? Specifically concerned about how long it can go without being cleaned (how clog resistant it is) and how fry safe it is.
Here's a couple more pics of it. I haven't used it yet but the gaps in the "mesh" portion of it are very small. I would certainly feel safe using it with my shrimp or fry as small as pearl danios. It wouldn't be as safe as say, foam, but it sure looks a lot nicer.

Anything with very fine mesh like this is going to clog up eventually, but it really depends on your tank. Leaves would do it in quick. It should go longer than a foam guard between cleanings.

So....not as fry safe as foam, but certainly better looking and shouldn't need to be cleaned as often.

PS. I have custom made filter foam coming soon. Actually already have it, just making absolutely sure it's safe.

-Clay

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts