The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

I'm a first time aquarium owner (even though my mom kept a 250g saltwater tank when I was a kid). I've spent the last few weeks learning everything I can about fish/plant upkeep, cycling, compatibility, tank/equipment maintenance, you name it. I've also spent way too much time planning my aquascape which I'm really excited to start!

I'm really excited I found an active community at PlantedTank to share in my enthusiasm and look forward to the future here.

Best regards,
Byron

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Its not that hard, its just about matching bands of temperature, pH and alkalinity of the species involved, as well as a bit of behavioural aspects.
The plants are a nice bonus.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I've been using AqAdvisor for fish compatibility and it has been extremely helpful. I still need to narrow down the exact plants I want, though I do have a pretty good list so far (dwarf hair grass, micro amazon swords, java/christmas moss, etc).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi!

Sounds exciting mate!
Just keep on reading and finding out as much as you can, however that being said once you get the tank you'll actually learn what you've read.
Reading can provide comprehension, but until you've done everything yourself in the real world you'll never truly understand it IMHO.
This forum however will help a lot, the people are great and the resources abundant.
Start up a tank journal when you do begin so we can all follow along!
Welcome to the community and the addiction (some call it a burden)

Jamo

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi!

Sounds exciting mate!
Just keep on reading and finding out as much as you can, however that being said once you get the tank you'll actually learn what you've read.
Reading can provide comprehension, but until you've done everything yourself in the real world you'll never truly understand it IMHO.
This forum however will help a lot, the people are great and the resources abundant.
Start up a tank journal when you do begin so we can all follow along!
Welcome to the community and the addiction (some call it a burden)

Jamo
I plan on starting a journal day 1!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.