The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totally free, i'll pay shipping, hows that for a deal. All you have to do is tell me what my two favorite plants are. They are listed in my latest sales thread and i have also told a few people that i have had contact with. By the way Sean your not eligible, lol.

Thanks for looking (THT #1)

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More than one person has one correct and its the same one but not the second plant everyone may try again, and thanks for trying

·
Registered
288 Posts
Alternanthera Reinekii Ocipus
Limnophila wavy

THIS IS hard, i had to look up most of these plants to see what they look like, BEAUTIFUL!

Sorry, I posted quickly, and haven't yet thanked you for the RAOK :proud:, I've been admiring your plants for a long time, I just haven't gotten my tank plant friendly enough to do anything serious with it yet. :)

Between my pleco and rainbowfish any stemmed plants I put in the tank get beat up, I've got a solution 98% ready for them though ;)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
To help you all out, the plants in common are Euriocaulon Cinereum, Alternanthera Reinekii Ocipus, and Ludwigia Atlantis.

However the "More than one person has one correct and its the same one but not the second plant" is kind of confusing. Do you mean to say that the second guesses are incorrect, or does the order of the guess not matter?

If so, we can assume that Euriocaulon Cinereum is plant #1, as it is shared by two people and is never in the second guess.

Ludwigia Atlantis is named three times, but appears only once as a first guess, I think we can rule this one out if my interpretation of Barthog's post is correct.

Alternanthera Reinekii Ocipus appears twice, but alternates as the first and second guess in both appearances, so we cannot make a definite guess on this one.

Again, this would only work if my interpretation of his post is correct, for all I know he could have meant to say something else.

I'm as confused as you are. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
haha, this is some intense logic, I just went with the basic logic of "more than one person has mentioned one of the plants on the list" so ONE of the plants could be either of the three you mentioned and in no particular order and we have to figure out the second one of the two. But I like how deep you went into his statement... Now, i feel my original logic was too off-the-cuff :)

I like how you think! :proud:

To help you all out, the plants in common are Euriocaulon Cinereum, Alternanthera Reinekii Ocipus, and Ludwigia Atlantis.

However the "More than one person has one correct and its the same one but not the second plant" is kind of confusing. Do you mean to say that the second guesses are incorrect, or does the order of the guess not matter?

If so, we can assume that Euriocaulon Cinereum is plant #1, as it is shared by two people and is never in the second guess.

Ludwigia Atlantis is named three times, but appears only once as a first guess, I think we can rule this one out if my interpretation of Barthog's post is correct.

Alternanthera Reinekii Ocipus appears twice, but alternates as the first and second guess in both appearances, so we cannot make a definite guess on this one.

Again, this would only work if my interpretation of his post is correct, for all I know he could have meant to say something else.

I'm as confused as you are. :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Heh, I am a scientist, so I try to be as logically sound as possible. Of course, being young I still have much to learn and my way of thinking--however refined, cannot be as clear cut as I want it to be simply because I lack the wisdom you gain with experience and things like biases and emotions get in the way. But that doesn't stop me from trying.

I actually don't think I'm correct, I would only be if my interpretation of his statement was correct. Since there is the chance that I interpreted incorrectly, my entire hypothesis might need to be thrown out!

Still, of those three plants, one of them is half of the puzzle. Good luck figuring out which with limited information!

I have no new guesses, as it's really just shooting in the dark at this point. :)

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok han you can guess again after 5 central time,that will give the 9-5 guys a chance, well at least half the nation

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bartohog... While everyone is waiting in suspense, for someone to guess the correct plants (I will put forth no more guess btw, I feel i've had enough chances... I DO want someone else to get an opportunity to win).

I have a question for you... Did you make the wooden frame around the tank below? It looks awesome!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts