The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - so I am going to be getting back into guppy breeding here soon, I love doing it, but one thing that I really wish I had was some sort of schooling fish in my 50g. It is my display tank, but I just have never known if it would be safe for them. It seems the sharks and angel fish leave my (2) Plecos and my (7) Cory Catfish alone, but I just don't know how they would treat guppies :icon_frow Or tetras, I love them both.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
angels will likely eat the guppies, some tetras are big enough to not be eaten, neons are too small. there are people that have neons with angels without problems though.

If I was going to breed guppies I would just get a second tank for guppy breeding and keep the 50 as a community tank. So i'd look more towards a tetras for it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay - I should have clarified lol. I have a breeding setup, a 30g, and a bunch of 10g where the breeding will be taking place and I will be keeping my main stock. I just would like to be able to throw a few of the guppies in my community tank.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Balas will outgrow a 50, but the golden rule I've always operated under is if a fish can fit another fish in its mouth, it will eventually end up there.
Yes they are working on it unfortunately :icon_frow

I think I am going to have to find them a home soon - the only place I know where I will get a good home for them is on here so the post will be coming in probably a year or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.