The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in breeding my guppies. They are on there 3 batch and I am interested in going into a selective breeding journal just for fun I would love any input or example of plans and breeding set ups

·
Registered
287 Posts
My breeding set up is a little different than what a lot of serious breeders do, but it should still give you an idea. Most of the serious show breeders just use more tanks and are much more selective with their line breeds. I have a "main" tank, a fry tank and a juvenile tank for each of my lines. I pick the "best of best" juveniles and put them back in the main tank as space allows. The ones that just aren't that true to the line get culled into my "mixed" guppies. Since Im just breeding already established lines this smaller set up works for me, but if you are wanting to start a whole new line you need many, many more tanks like mistergreen alluded too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.