The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have a low tech tank and am dosing PPS-Pro with excel daily. My lighting period is 7 hours a day and I do a weekly water changes of about 50%.

I have some severe black spots on my plants and some on my glass. They don't rub off and look like GSA according to threads I followed in the algae forum. If so is there a way I should adjust my dosing. I am using ferts from GLA and mixing according to their directions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
What lights? What size tank? Looks like bba on the anubias. Prolly too much light for a slow grower. Can it be shaded?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
65 gallon with two Ecoxotic E-90s at 50% about 20" from the substrate. I didn't think it was BBA as it does not have strands.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
- What do you know about your tap water parameters?
- Any whole house water filters?
- You can dose daily 6 ml of solution #1 macros and 12 drops of solution #2 micros.
- How old is the aquarium?
- Pay attention to biological filtration because there is no balance between fish load and plants.
My water is unfiltered municipal and tends to be soft. PH is slightly above neutral out of the tap.

I'm dosing 6 ml of #1 and 6 ml of #2 daily. Two capfuls of excel also. The tank has been up and running for 8 months now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts